Thursday 23 December 2010

Winter Words

Here are poems from Jacob's October and December workshops.

First, a mighty contribution from Luke Dowell.












His walking stick was Ming Dynasty,
one of a kind.
How my grandad came to have it I don't know.
The blue to green metallic glow covered
the hollow iron underneath with gold
Chinese dragon flowing perfectly up the side
which represents power, pride and courage.
Three things that my grandfather
definitely had.

The crack that flowed through the willow
handle reminds me that as a child
of three I used it as a golf club.
The same as that priceless old cane,
I am also now hollow.

Luke Dowell

Seems the time of year to think of ancestors. This is by Anon.




The Elders

Even the dead live through my blood.


Pictures of the forgotten,


It sat on top of the oak drawer.


Just behind his past self.



Pictures of the forgotten,


In the centre of the photo he's there.

















No comments:

Post a Comment